Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baile Atha Cliath






After 20 years of wishing one day to go...I finally did! Here's a view from my hotel the first night. We stayed at The Clarence...yep, Bono's (and others) hotel! You really couldn't tell that there was any affiliation with U2 other than knowing the owners. The service was impeccable, but parking cost nearly $40 per night! Our room had a view of the River Liffey and part of Temple Bar.


So of course I had to hit all the U2 hot spots before the rest of the group came! Hence...Bono's street sign on his brick wall that I lovingly added an autograph to, me in front of his beautiful ornate walls, and then of course, the shot into his gates after the garderner opened them!
More to come later! Oh...the title of this post is the Gaelic form of Dublin! Love to all!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am glad that I am the fist one to see!! You are SO lucky,! I am So happy that you were able to see the place's where your boy's lived. You love them, they are so important to you, why would anyone want to take that experience away from you. I think that we should all go there again! Post more.. I am dying to see more!!!
Love it!!
Dre

Kristen said...

yes! I am so happy to see these Kim! I think the shot of the open gate is hillarious, because I picture you running away in nervousness :) I am thrilled for you big sis that you had the trip of your dreams, I ditto Ann, put more up...need the info desperatly!!

Kristen said...

p.s. That view is outstanding!

Alli said...

These pictures are so gorgeous- it was so fun to hear all the stories behind all of them. Write about Bono's gate opening...

Dublinia said...

Alli...you're the best!!!